EdiMarker is an application that allows sound editors, sound supervisors and music producers to load markers into Pro Tools. EdiMarker does this by loading the data from a Text file (including a Nuendo, Reaper or iZotope RX marker file) or a Microsoft Excel file. It then exports this data as an AAF file or MIDI file which Pro Tools can import.
EdiMarker can convert one file at a time, or when several files need to be converted with the same file type and settings, the 'Multiple Files' tab can be used to batch convert a set of files.
NOTE: To export marker information from Pro Tools, select the Pro Tools File > Export > Session Info As Text menu and check the 'Include Markers' option to create a text file containing the markers with their location, name and comments. EdiMarker cannot import a Pro Tools 'Session Info As Text' file directly. If you need to transfer markers from one session into another use the Pro Tools menu File > Import > Session Data and check 'Markers / Memory Locations'.
- Imports Text files including Nuendo, Reaper and iZotope RX marker files.
- Fields can be delimited with a tab, comma or semicolon character.
- Imports Microsoft Excel files to avoid text encoding issues.
- Loads markers with locations stored as:
- a Timecode with a frame rate from 23.976 to 60 FPS DF (hh:mm:ss:ff).
- a Footage (fff+ff).
- Minutes, seconds and milliseconds (mmm:ss.sss).
- Creates log files containing locator errors when found during load.
- Converts frame rates above 30FPS to the equivalent standard definition frame rate.
- Exports AAF or MIDI files for Pro Tools to import. AAF files provide:
- The ability to export marker comments.
- Compatibility with frame rates above 30 FPS.
- A way to append markers in Pro Tools.
- Unicode compatibility.