With the release of EdiPrompt v3, support has been added for the Elgato Stream Deck. Together, we have created a free plugin, available on the Stream Deck store, that contains pre-defined actions to control all commonly used ADR record functions.
Once the plugin is installed in the Stream Deck app, simply drag-and-drop the actions required from the action list into each cell. No further configuration is required.
Stream Deck app containing EdiPrompt actions
The actions allow you to navigate the EdiPrompt Cue List, trigger a locate, rename and locate or bypass the selected cue, as well as trigger the EdiPrompt Hot Keys and Pro Tools transport commands to preview, record and stop/play.
The other major updates in EdiPrompt v3 is a new preferences tab that allows you to select which audio output the Cue Beeps and Take Speech is sent to. EdiPrompt can now import the ADR cue data from Netflix TTAL files, plus it has been updated for macOS Ventura, and also natively supports Apple Silicon macs.
Here is a full list of what’s new in version 3:
- Integration with Elgato Stream Deck
- Created 'EdiPrompt' plugin. Available in Stream Deck store: Plugins > Audio
- Added key commands to Cue List menu for Stream Deck commands
- Cue List scroll position now follows list navigation keys
- New preference tab to select audio output devices
- Select where to send Cue Beeps and Take Speech
- Compatible with Pro Tools Aux I/O ports (PT2022.9+)
- Import cue data from Netflix TTAL files
- Create character MIDI files from TTAL data to load into the Cue List window and Pro Tools for ADR recordings
- Changes for macOS Ventura
- Take Speech updated for new voices provided by macOS
- Pro Tools control script updated for new System Settings window
- Tweaked position of controls to work with new look of macOS
- Updated 'Login Items' code when getting EdiPrompt to auto start up
- Compatible with ARM (Apple Silicon) macs by providing a universal binary app
- Can now double-click Marker # column in Cue List window to display text of the line field in the overlay while Pro Tools isn't running
- Bug fix to support HUI MIDI controllers when using hardware ports
- Fix to read and write files with names containing non-ASCII characters
- Fix so the in-app 'Check For Update' text information is shown again
- New preferences file is saved. If not found on startup, preferences are loaded from the EdiPrompt v2 file
To try EdiPrompt v3 for yourself, download the installer from the Download page. Once installed, run it and click ‘Try’ to activate a three day trial license.
NOTE: EdiPrompt v3 requires macOS 10.12+, Pro Tools 12.6+, while EdiPrompt v3 licenses require a 2nd or 3rd generation USB iLok or sharable iLok license.
For existing EdiPrompt full license holders, an upgrade from v2 can be purchased from our web store. To transition to the new version, EdiPrompt v3 licenses can activate EdiPrompt v2.4.6. Rental and EDU bundle license holders do not need to upgrade as these licenses automatically run both versions.