The video also shows how to use the two new ‘Match Roll Names’ and ‘Match File Names’ windows, brand new with EdiLoad v3.3. These allow you to make sure the edit data will link to your location WAV files before exporting conform reference tracks.
Note: EdiLoad v3 exported conform reference tracks as a ptx file. With EdiLoad v4 these are exported as an AAF file, while EdiLoad v5+ uses the Assembly window.
Timings of the video segments are as follows:
- 01:20 - Why conform location WAV files?
- 03:50 - Requirements for conforming
- 05:05 - Loading a set of EDL files into EdiLoad
- 09:06 - Checking the edit list data is correct
- 15:25 - Cleaning list and exporting conform reference tracks
- 18:06 - Setting up the Pro Tools field recorder functions
- 21:11 - Expanding EdiLoad tracks to conform WAV files
- 24:05 - Conform sync errors that are less than one frame
I hope this video helps you to prepare your session ready for dialogue editing and/or mixing. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments below.