EdiPrompt reads MIDI commands sent from any DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and uses them to display a variety of on-screen prompts. It can also automate the ADR and foley recording process when using Pro Tools by locating to each cue and renaming the record track.
EdiPrompt Demo Video (Durn 16:30)
- Overlays visual cues on top of any movie window from any Mac-based DAW (available for Apple desktop displays only – not compatible with external video display units)
- Reads midi files generated by EdiCue or EdiPrompt. Also compatible with Tesla- style streamer and flutter sysex commands
- Enables you to record several cues in the one take
- Displays a cue’s text, prompts, counters, streamers and flutters
- Plays audio cue beeps using internal or external samples
- Configures up to two independent ‘Paths’ of A/V cues with their own settings
- Saves and recalls five global user settings
- Automatically fires prompts, counters, streamers or cue beeps when Pro Tools plays and/or records using the Auto Cue feature
- Renames one or more record tracks with the current cue number (ADR recording) or current region name (foley recording)
- Locates to cue with pre-record value if set
- Says the take number during pre-roll of a record take (using the computer’s voice)
- Displays record status and take number in overlay window to actor Example Screen Shot
- Works with Pro Tools Video Satellite and Loop Record features
EdiPrompt main window
EdiPrompt v1.3.0+ uses PACE iLoks for authorization. Click here for more information.
The demo download contains a current version of EdiPrompt, a comprehensive User Guide and a sample midi file. The program initially runs in demonstration mode (fully featured) for three days.
|Mac:||Recommend an Intel computer to reproduce smooth overlays
OS X (Intel or PPC) version 10.5.0 or above (including 10.8)
|Windows:||Currently there is no windows version|
|Display:||Visual cues can only be overlayed on an Apple Desktop Display or video cards that provide the option to "Extend" the desktop - e.g. selected Blackmagic Decklink and Kona cards. EdiPrompt is not compatible with external firewire or Mojo style devices|
|Pro Tools:||Compatible with Pro Tools® an AVID Audio® product
Requires Pro Tools 7 or higher. Tested with Pro Tools 10.3.3
Pro Tools LE version 7 or 8 requires DV Toolkit2
Note: Not compatible with Pro Tools 8.0.1 or 8.0.3 pre-release due a to timecode selection bug within Pro Tools
|MIDI Controller:||The only MIDI controller that can be connected while using the extended features of EdiPrompt is a HUI compatible controller (i.e. A Command 8 midi controller cannot be connected simultaneously)|
EdiPrompt can be purchased from the Buy/Download page (credit cards and PayPal accepted)
EdiPrompt AV Objects
The Following - Fox Broadcasting
EdiPrompt has always been a very useful tool on my ADR stage. It recently proved itself invaluable while shooting remote ADR for the first season of Fox Broadcasting's “The Following”. The producers desired to shoot most of the ADR on set and EdiPrompt made it possible for me to easily provide multiple streamers and dialog on screen, just like I would on my stage. Mark has been extremely responsive to incorporating suggestions to EdiPrompt and the support from Sounds In Sync has been nothing short of phenomenal.
Bill Higley – adrman, Inc.
Soundelux DMG installs EdiPrompt
Subscribe to App Updates
EdiPrompt v1.7.2 free update (Jan '13)
- Fix so EdiPrompt no longer hangs while dropping MIDI files onto main window
- New selection to move Text Overlay up when displaying multiple lines
- Option to insert a character as first counter on Counter tab
- Additional 4x "Aux" punch MIDI notes that can be setup with unique colours
- Updates to Pro Tools control code for Pro Tools v10.2+ compatibility