Primetime Engineering Emmy® Awarded to Mark Franken of Sounds In Sync for EdiCue
Sydney, Australia (October 1, 2015) - Mark Franken, founder and lead developer at Sounds In Sync Pty Ltd, today announced that he has been awarded an Emmy® for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development for his software application EdiCue. The Engineering Emmy is presented to an individual, company or organization for engineering developments so significant that they materially affect the transmission, recording or reception of television.
Making ADR Easier for Actors
ADR recording for NORMAN (Durn 02:12) Subtítulos en Español
Entourage the Movie - Warner Bros Sound
I’m having a hard time remembering what life was like before EdiLoad and simultaneously kicking myself for not using the software sooner. I have recently used it on three different features: Entourage the Movie, Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, and Pelé. It was invaluable on all three and the interesting thing was that each feature highlighted a different strong point of the software.
On Entourage I made extensive use of the dialog assembly feature. By feeding the software an EDL referencing sound rolls and sound timecodes, EdiLoad quickly made Reference Tracks with clips stamped with the appropriate metadata that allowed me to use the Field Recorder Guidetrack function in Pro Tools to do quick dialog assemblies. With the way that the daily process is typically done on large Hollywood films, often the sound timecode in the AAFs from the Avid actually reflect daily tape timecode, not sound roll sound timecode. EdiLoad corrects this problem so that Field Recorder Guidetracks can be used.
Updates for OS X Yosemite and Pro Tools 11.3/12
We are pleased to announce that the current release of applications are compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite") and Pro Tools 11.3. These are as follows:
They are also compatible with Pro Tools 12 apart from the OS X version of EdiLoad which currently is unable to re-conform Pro Tools sessions.Read more...
Latest App Updates
EdiLoad v3.2.2 update (Mar '15)
- New Source/Target selection code in Compare Window for quicker re-fresh and display of selection in group rows
- Changes to PTX and PTF file definitions to stop EdiLoad opening session files when double clicked in OS X
- Bug fix to stop crash when loading multiple EDLs into compare window that contain a 'Load' error
EdiCue v2.6.2 free update (Jun '15)
- New preference on PDF tab to print full engineer cue numbers on Actor, Director, TBW and All Fields Char/Time forms
- Bug fix to assign correct character to cues when a Start/End TC range is set. Bug appeared in v2.6.0
- Two minor updates to PDF script loading to improve detection of character text and scene descriptions
- New messaging at end of print run when using custom cue numbers and cue numbers imported from data files